We are doing our best to keep our visitors, staff and club members safe in these exceptional times.
Please read on to find out more …
- Maintain a distance of 2 metres at all times unless safety is compromised
- Face coverings should be worn when in all club buildings
- Wash hands regularly and before leaving the club
- Visitors must report to the office on arrival and fill in the visitor book.
- An NHS app QR code plaque is located at reception in the office
- All introductory flight passengers MUST read and sign the COVID-19 security questionnaire. (See below)
- In order to help us maintain social distancing, people coming for an introductory flight may only bring one other non-flying visitor with them on site.
- Prior to flying you will have your temperature checked using an infrared forehead thermometer. If you have a temperature of 37.8 °C or above, you will not be able to fly and will be asked to return home immediately.
- Government rules are that passengers must wear a face covering on introductory flights. Please note that for safety reasons your pilot may not be wearing a face covering.
- If you already have a voucher, please contact the office at 01767 677077 to book your flight.
- Flight vouchers can be bought online or by contacting the office.
Social distancing rules in place on site
- You should bring the equipment necessary for your personal biosecurity including such items as gloves, wipes and anti-bacterial gels. (Some supplies of anti-bacterial hand gel are kept at the main club house entrance. Please use this before opening the club house or office doors.)
- Face coverings are available to purchase from the office.
- You must adhere to all of the government’s social distancing policies which are available here
- Face coverings must be worn in the clubhouse and the office, and where 2 metres social distancing cannot be maintained.
- The kitchen remains closed until further notice.
Clubhouse and office facilities
The map below shows the location of all site facilities. Visitors should confine themselves to the area in and around the clubhouse unless accompanied by a club member.
Visitors must remain within the areas indicated in green and blue unless accompanied by a member of Cambridge Gliding Club
COVID-19 Security Questionnaire
If you answer yes to any of the questions below you must not fly and must leave the site immediately.
- Have you been diagnosed with COVID-19 at any time during the 14 days prior to todays flight?
- Have you had COVID-19 Symptoms (fever, newly developed cough, loss of taste or smell, shortness of breath) at any time during the 8 days prior to todays flight?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who has had COVID-19 (face to face contact within 1 meter for more than 15 minutes or direct physical contact) in the 14 days prior to today’s flight?
- Are you required by local or national regulations to be in quarantine for reasons related to COVID-19 for a period that includes today’s flight?
– – –
Whilst Cambridge Gliding Centre is following government guidelines and is making every effort to reduce transmission of the virus on site, members and visitors will need to decide whether or not to come out and fly with us based upon their individual circumstances and risk profile