On Friday 15th May the Government issued the following guidance regarding coronavirus:
“Updated Government advice means that reaction GA flying is now allowed:
- from English airfields of flying sites
- if social distancing measures are strictly observed
In practice this means that only solo flights, or flights where everyone is from the same household, are permitted. This is because it’s generally not possible to observe social distancing during a GA flight”
Access to the site will be allowed from Saturday 16th May for members only, but with the following restrictions in place:
- Members must adhere to all of the Government’s social distancing policies which are available here.
- Members should take every care with their biosecurity and ensure they have the equipment necessary for this, including such items as gloves, wipes and anti-bacterial gels. There are some limited stocks of these items at the club and we will endeavour to obtain more in the coming days.
- The club house may only be accessed to use he toilets and for washing hands. There is to be no gathering of any kind within the clubhouse. The kitchen is closed unftil further notice.
- The office should only be accessed to obtain keys or equipment necessary for flight.
- Supplies of anti-bacterial hand gel will be available at the main club house entrance. Please use this before opening the club house or office doors.
Flying will restart on Saturday 16th May. Initially flying will be restricted to solo flying or two-seater flying (where both occupants are members of the same household) in privately owned craft only. operation of Club aircraft presents difficulties at this time relating to biosecurity and deep cleaning that will be addressed in the near future. Returning to a full Flying Operation will be carried out using a phased approached, closely controlled by the CFI and flight safety committee.
Many thanks for your continued support as we make the journey back to flying operations in a controlled and safe way.