Yesterday’s government announcement places Cambridgeshire and surrounding areas such as Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Suffolk and London all in Tier 2: High Alert.
- you must not socialise in a group of more than 6 people outside, the ‘rule of 6’
- you must not socialise with anyone you do not live with or who is not in your support bubble in any indoor setting, whether at home or in a public place
- businesses and venues can continue to operate, in a COVID-Secure manner, other than those which remain closed by law, such as nightclubs
On that basis, we are pleased to announce that we will be resuming flying activities on weekends and Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, starting on Friday 4th December.
- The clubhouse will be open solely for the purpose of using the toilet facilities.
- The office will be closed to members, apart from the purpose of collecting parachutes
- The simulator can only be used in the two room setup, with the instructor in the Heather suite, and the pupil in the simulator room.
- The kitchen remains closed
- The bus can only be used for the purposes for keeping equipment safe and dry. Only one person may in the bus at any one time (including the driver).
- Before coming out to fly, please read the club’s biosecurity protocols which are available at: https://www.camgliding.uk/about/covid-19-biosecurity-protocols/.
- Our Protocols have changed over time to track evolving official guidance.
- Note that, to comply with Department for Transport guidelines, you are asked to wipe down surfaces that you touch before and after using a club glider or vehicle.
- We also encourage all members to bring their own supply of hand sanitiser with them and clean their hands frequently, and bring their own pen to enable them to keep the log sheets in good order.
Please note that whilst Cambridge Gliding Centre is following government guidelines and is making every effort to reduce transmission of coronavirus on site, members and visitors will need to decide whether or not to come out to the site and fly with us based upon their individual circumstances and risk profile.