If you want maximum certainty about the cost of gliding, our fixed price to solo package includes all the flying you need to go solo. You may choose this scheme at any time up to and including, your tenth flight, the package charge will be reduced by the flying charges you have already paid.
What this package includes
- Unlimited winch launches (during 12 months)
- 6 aerotow launches to 2,500 ft
- 45 minutes free per flight
- Pre-flight briefings as required
- Log Book & Progress Record
What is not included
- Flights longer than 45 minutes – the excess time will be charged at members rates
- Solo flights
- Post-Solo training flights
The package is only valid for 12 months from first flight and can only be used once. While most people will go solo in under 12 months it cannot be guaranteed that you will be sent solo within the 12 months. Progress depends on personal aptitude and commitment.
Club membership runs from the date of joining to the next 1st April renewal date, when renewal must normally be for a full year. However a member on “fixed price to solo” (FPTS) may renew on 1st April only up to the date of expiry of the FPTS (pro rata subscription) should they so wish.
You will not be able to fly if you are:
- More than 16 stone (102 kg);
- Under 14 years old;
- Suffer from in the present or past: Epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, recurrent fainting, giddiness or blackouts, unusually high blood pressure, a previous coronary;