[Please note that due to the ongoing impact of coronavirus, much of our 2021 capacity is already full, and we are operating a waiting list for the most popular dates and times]
An ideal first time gliding experience. A single flight of 20 – 30 minutes with an aerotow launch to 3000 ft allows you to sit back and enjoy the view and be shown how the controls are operated by your qualified pilot or instructor. Great for yourself or as a gift. Buy a voucher online, download and print it. You can then call the office to arrange a date that suits you.
Your introductory flight experience includes
- Full pre-flight briefing
- One flight in a two seat glider with a qualified pilot or instructor
- Aerotow Launch to 3000 ft
- Flight of 20 – 30 minutes
- Allow 2-3 hours for the whole experience
After buying a voucher please contact the office (contact details below) to book the date and time for your gliding experience.
- Summer (April – September) – 7 days a week
All introductory flights are subject to weather and availability
What to Bring
- Before arriving you should watch our short Airfield Safety video
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for being outside in a field, trousers are more comfortable than skirts or dresses.
- In the summer – Sunglasses and sun cream
If you satisfy the medical requirements for the normal UK driving licence you should be fine. However, you will not be able to fly if you are:
- More than 16 stone (102 kg);
- Under 14 years old;
- You cannot fly if you are subject to sudden disabling health attacks such as epilepsy.
We try to avoid “small print”, however, we have to remind prospective pilots that gliding is weather dependent and subject, on occasions, to other operational restrictions. Where flights cannot be taken on the intended day a fresh booking will be willingly offered without any penalty.
However if an alternative date is not possible for your reasons a refund will normally be possible subject to a handling charge of 15% of the voucher face value.