5 day holiday course for club members looking for a staycation and wanting to accelerate the development of their gliding skills.
Note that the course is not available for cadets and CUGC members
Price: Charged at normal members’ flying rates. You should allow around £340 for the week.
For solo pilots to gain a full understanding of how to perform basic aerobatics safely, acquire the necessary handling skills, and fly the test for the standard aerobatics badge solo.
To have FUN!
Price: Members £465*, non members: £515*
Pilot training and development courses
Our pilot training & development courses aim to:-
- strengthen and broaden the capabilities of pilots post solo and beyond
- encourage pilots to keep current and engaged over the winter
- help us have even more fun from gliding!
They cover 7 areas as follows. Please click on the individual course name (in yellow) for further details:-
- General development: 5 day holiday course, Introductory Flight Pilot course, Cloud flying course, Cloud flying refresher
- Aerotowing: Aerotow conversion course, Aerotow refresher
- Cross-country skills: Field landing refresher, Cross country aerotowing course, Cross country endorsement course
- Aerobatics: Basic aerobatics course, Basic aerobatics refresher
- Simulator based: Winter skills-retention, Oudie set up and use, Ridge soaring preparation, Mountain flying preparation, Pre-expedition preparation
- Motor Glider: Touring Motor Glider (TMG) rating course
- Tug flying: Sailplane Towing Rating course, Sailplane Towing refresher
Courses are priced to:-
- offer a discount to normal flying rates where significant numbers of aerotow or motor glider flights are involved,
- reflect the level of ground briefings involved, and
- include day membership fees for non-members
If you are interested in any of these courses, please complete the advanced booking form here
Showing 13–19 of 19 results