You are welcome to bring along friends and family to watch you take off over the Cambridgeshire countryside on your taster lesson.
Ground school topics includes:
- Introduction to gliding
- Controls and instruments
- Simulator sessions: Elevator/speed control; turning/straightening up; rudder; thermal soaring
- Principles of flight and glider performance
- Safety: lookout techniques and introduction to air law
- Meteorology and soaring
Course at Comberton Village College:
- Minimum age 13 years.
- Maximum weight 103Kg (227lbs).
- Maximum height 1.9m (6’3″).
- In good health (e.g. qualifies for a UK driving licence)
£75.00 per person for 3 evenings (including simulator), payable to Comberton Village College. A subsequent taster gliding lesson at CGC costs £60 – £80; the cost varying with the duration of your flight.
All bookings through Comberton Village College Community Education: