An ideal gliding experience for the enthusiast! Three flights of 15 – 20 minutes. Monday to Friday only. Buy a voucher online, download, and print it. You can then call the office to arrange a date that suits you.
Your premier experience day includes:-
- Full pre-flight briefing with an instructor
- 3 flights in a two seat glider with an instructor
- 3 Aerotow Launches to 2000 ft and flights of 15-20 minutes
- Allow half a day for the whole experience
After buying a voucher please contact the office to book the date and time for your gliding experience.
- Summer (April – September) – 7 days a week
- Winter (October – March) – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
All trial flights are subject to weather and availability
What to Bring
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for being outside in a field, trousers are more comfortable than skirts or dresses.
- In the summer – Sunglasses and sun cream
If you satisfy the medical requirements for the normal UK driving licence you should be fine. However, you will not be able to fly if you are:
- More than 16 stone (102 kg);
- Under 14 years old;
- You cannot fly if you are subject to sudden disabling health attacks such as epilepsy.
We try to avoid “small print”, however, we have to remind prospective pilots that gliding is weather dependent and subject, on occasions, to other operational restrictions. Where flights cannot be taken on the intended day a fresh booking will be willingly offered without any penalty.
However if an alternative date is not possible for your reasons a refund will normally be possible subject to a handling charge of 15% of the voucher face value.