Who is the course for?
- Solo pilots who want to get current on aerotow again
- Pilots wanting to launch by aerotow when it isn’t easy to thermal away from a winch launch
- To provide a refresh on aerotow techniques and safety measures, and then to go solo
- Ground briefings on aerotow technique, including how to keep you and the tug pilot safe, how to handle launch failures and threat & error management (TEM)
- 3 dual or solo aerotows to 2000 ft, or equivalent
- 45 minutes in the Mintel simulator to train for launch failures
- Half a day, or one day depending upon the conditions
- Members of Cambridge Gliding Centre: £150*
- Members of other BGA Clubs: £175*, including daily membership
- Small print:
- The aim of the course is to achieve sufficient aerotows to go solo. Soaring will not normally be included and where any flight includes soaring then flying charges over 20 minutes will be charged in addition to the course cost.
* When more flights are required to achieve the necessary level of proficiency, then the additional launches and hours are charged at normal members’ rates discounted by 10%
Due to coronavirus, we are not yet taking firm bookings for this course. If you are interested in any of our pilot training & development courses, please complete the advanced booking form here