Who is the course for?
- For solo pilots who already have the standard aerobatics badge and wish to regain currency in aerobatics and refresh their skills
- Refresher on how to perform basic aerobatics safely and the necessary handling skills.
- Improve pilot competence and situational awareness.
- To have FUN!
- The aerobatics manoeuvres covered in this course are:
- 45 degree climbing and diving lines
- 270 degree erect turn
- Humpty Bump
- Ground briefings before and after flying include revision on:-
- How to fly the manoeuvres
- Understanding the aircraft limitations & flight envelope
- Physiological effects due to G & sensations
- Safety & escape procedures
- Laws and rules specific to aerobatics
- Two dual flights (aerotows to 4000 ft) and one observed solo aerobatics flight
- Up to one hour in the Mintel simulator (if required) for training on aerobatic manoeuvres and safety actions
- The course usually takes one day. Where weather dictates, the course may be undertaken over two days within a 2 week period
- Members of Cambridge Gliding Centre: £215*
- Members of other BGA Clubs: £240*, including daily membership
* When additional flights are required to achieve the necessary level of proficiency, these are charged at members’ rates less 10%
- Small print:-
- The aim of the course is to achieve the required level of skill & knowledge to perform solo basic aerobatics. Soaring will not normally be included and where any flight includes soaring then flying charges will be levied in addition to the fixed cost.
Due to coronavirus, we are not yet taking firm bookings for this course. If you are interested in any of our pilot training & development courses, please complete the advanced booking form here