Your 5 day course will commence with our two-day Beginner Course. The following three days will then be tailored to ensure you make good progress through the training syllabus. The course price will include the Beginner Course fee and a Three Month Membership package so that the last three days of your course may be flown at standard club rates. After the course, you may continue your training with us for the remainder of your membership at club rates, booking via our member’s booking system.
What your Intensive Course includes
- Our Beginner Course package for the first two days.
- Flying charges at members’ rates (more info here) for the remaining three days.
- A three month membership to continue training after completion of the course.
- A ground school session and debrief each day.
- £500 + Cost of a three month membership (£175).
- All flying and simulator use after completion of the Beginner Course package is charged at standard member rates. Click here for more info. You should budget for £200 in flying fees, however this may need to be higher if you choose to launch predominantly by aerotow.
When can you book
This course can only be booked on weekdays, starting on Monday and ending on Friday.
If you need accommodation for the duration of the course, we have a number of bunk rooms available for use. Discuss this with the office when you book your course.
What to bring
- Before arriving you should watch our short Airfield Safety video.
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for being outside on an exposed airfield. Trousers are recommended.
- Sunglasses, sun cream, and a hat.
You should be of good general health and be able to sign our medical declaration when you fly. If you have any queries please contact the office before purchasing. However, you will not be able to fly if you are:
- More than 16 stone (102 kg);
- Under 14 years old;