If you feel you’re interested in learning to fly but you’ve never tried it before, this is a day course to give you a taste of learning to fly. Included is a ground school session before having two aerotows to 3000ft with an instructor who can teach you the first steps of how to fly and then a simulator session to consolidate the day! Great for yourself or as a gift. Buy a voucher online, download and print it. You can then call the office to arrange a date that suits you.
What your Introductory Course includes
- A ground school session
- Two aerotows to 3000ft which will give you between 40 to 60 minutes of flight time
- A 30 minute session in our simulator
When to fly
After purchasing your course, please contact the office to book the date.
Because gliding is a seasonal sport and we’d like you to get the most out of your course, you’ll only be able to book it during the summer (April – September).
This course can be booked on both weekends and weekdays.
What to bring
- Before arriving you should watch our short Airfield Safety video
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for being outside in a field. We encourage you not to wear skirts or dresses when flying.
- Sunglasses, sun cream, and a hat.
If you satisfy the medical requirements for a normal UK driving licence you should be fine. However, you will not be able to fly if you are:
- More than 16 stone (102 kg);
- Under 14 years old;
- You cannot fly if you are subject to sudden disabling health attacks such as epilepsy.
Your voucher is only valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
We try to avoid “small print”, however, we have to remind prospective pilots that gliding is weather dependent and subject, on occasions, to other operational restrictions. Where flights cannot be taken on the intended day a fresh booking will be willingly offered without any penalty.
However if an alternative date is not possible for your reasons a refund will normally be possible subject to a handling charge of 15% of the voucher face value.