An ideal introduction to flying gliders, you will be taken on an Aerotow launch to 2500ft with one of our fully trained Introductory Flight Pilots. Buy a voucher online, download and print it. You can then call the office to arrange a date that suits you.
What your Introductory Flight Includes
- A full briefing to familiarise you with the aircraft and your pilot
- An aerotow launch to 2500ft which should give you around 20 minutes of flight time
- Allow 2-3 hours for your visit
When to fly
After purchasing your voucher, please contact the office to book the date and time for your flight.
Because gliding is a seasonal sport and we’d like you to get the most out of your flight, you’ll only be able to book your flight during the summer (April – September).
You can book on both weekends and weekdays.
What to bring
- Before arriving you should watch our short Airfield Safety video
- Appropriate clothing and shoes for being outside on an exposed airfield. Trousers are recommended.
- Sunglasses, sun cream, and a hat.
You should be of good general health and be able to sign our medical declaration when you fly. If you have any queries please contact the office before purchasing. However, you will not be able to fly if you are:
- More than 16 stone (102 kg);
- Under 14 years old;
Your voucher is valid for 12 months after the date of purchase.
We try to avoid “small print”, however, we have to remind prospective pilots that gliding is weather dependent and subject, on occasions, to other operational restrictions. Where flights cannot be taken on the intended day a fresh booking will be willingly offered without any penalty.
If we are unable to use aerotows for your flight we may use winch launching instead.
However if an alternative date is not possible for your reasons a refund will normally be possible subject to a handling charge of 15% of the voucher face value.