Who is the course for?
- Pilots wanting a basic awareness of mountain flying
- Pilots not familiar with ridge soaring, should at least have done the ridge soaring preparation course beforehand
- Learn theory and core skills
- Practice in simulator
- Please note that this is a new course for us, and we are still exploring the capabilities of the simulator in such an environment. It will be run by people experienced in mountain flying and should be fun!
- 1 hour ground briefing on mountain flying theory and flying safely
- 1 hour in the Mintel Simulator
- 2 hours
- Members of Cambridge Gliding Centre: £35
- Members of other BGA Clubs: £55, including daily membership
Due to coronavirus, we are not yet taking firm bookings for this course. If you are interested in any of our pilot training & development courses, please complete the advanced booking form here