Who is the course for?
- Power pilots who have tugged before but who are not current
- The pilot should also be in current SEP flying practice and they MUST have the Sailplane Towing Rating on their licence.
- You must have completed a conversion course to the Robin DR400R with Cambridge Gliding Centre. On completion of the conversion you will be required to gain sufficient experience on the aircraft to satisfy the Chief Tug Pilot that you are ready to commence the Sailplane Towing Refresher Course.
- The Chief Tug Pilot must have approved the pilot’s participation on this course
- Regain currency as a tug pilot
- Ground briefings
- 2.5 hours tug flying including at least 8 aerotows
- 1 to 2 days
- Dependent upon the pilot’s experience. Please contact the Chief Tug Pilot for more information
- Pricing based upon number of briefings, flying time in the tug at members rates discounted by 25% and daily membership fees for non-members
Due to coronavirus, we are not yet taking firm bookings for this course. If you are interested in any of our pilot training & development courses, please complete the advanced booking form here