There is a thriving Cadet scene, both at Cambridge Gliding Centre and throughout the UK. Join our Cadet group and we can teach you:
- To fly a glider solo. The minimum age to go on your own is 14 – years before you can learn to drive!
- How to soar and climb using invisible lift, staying airborne for hours at a time with no engine, just like a bird.
- To navigate cross-country, perform aerobatics, or simply float around enjoying the view.
- Take you on expeditions to meet new like-minded friends from all over the country, experience other environments and types of soaring.
- Assist you with Bursary applications – there are loads of funding opportunities out there.
- Provide you with a unique and incredible new hobby that is both very exciting and extremely rewarding.
To be eligible for Cadet membership you must be at least 13 years old and to have been under-18 at the beginning of last September (i.e. maximum school year 13).
As with Young Adult membership, Cadet membership provides full access to the club and its facilities at much-reduced prices, but the Cadet Scheme offers larger discounts and other incentives but has limited places.
Please contact the office at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details or to request an application form.