The 2016 programme:
- The 2016 Cloud Rally will run from August 13th to 21st. This is a fun week designed to cater for all levels of cross country flying experience from Regionals pilots to those who have only just started cross country flying. A sign up page and further details will be given on the website under Competitions in due course.
- The Inter-Club League is a friendly competition between a number of local clubs flown over several weekends during the summer. This year we are expecting Hus Bos, Dunstable, ourselves and possibly Lyveden and Crowland to participate. This is an excellent low stress introduction to competitions and anyone interested in entering should contact Chris Lewis (email@example.com). More information can be found under Competitions on the website.
- Tuesday and Thursday evening flying sessions starts on April 19th and April 21st respectively. These are mainly aimed at pre-solo and early solo pilots who wish to continue their training on a regular basis in the normally calm conditions of a summer’s evening. If you’d like more to know more see Evening flying under Learn to fly gliders on the website or contact: Andrew Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org) re Tuesdays or Colin Cownden (email@example.com) re Thursdays.
- The flexible cross country training whereby members can book weekday cross country training flights with Andy Beatty and Robert Theil will continue this year. This is an opportunity for early cross country pilots to learn what its all about. Details of how this scheme operates can be found separately on the Members’ News and Diary page.
- For those of you without access to your own glider the club Single Seater Scheme will again be up and running this summer. This provides access to three high performance single seat gliders – a Pegase, a Discus, and an ASW24. For details see the separate item on the News and Diary page.